If you’re looking for self-discovery journaling prompts, this blog post is for you.
Self-discovery seems so simple in theory, but with the busyness of life, self-discovery seems impossible. When we do get a glimpse of self-discovery, it’s in between running errands, right before we go to bed at night, or the random thought we have in the shower. And with so many areas of our lives pulling for our attention, self-discovery just becomes an afterthought.
But if you’re anything like me, that random thought keeps on coming back up. So if you’re looking for journaling prompts for self-discovery, look no further.
Self Awareness Journaling Prompts
Since being in my 30’s, I’ve struggled with where I thought my life would be and where it is now.
If you are feeling behind in life, I have just the blog post for you.
If you want to read more of my journey, click here.
But in the meantime, I created self-discovery journaling prompts just for you.
Self Exploration Journaling Prompts
These self exploration journaling prompts will help you on your journey of self-discovery by allowing you to look at your current life, what has happened, what you want to happen, and how God has continued to show up even when you don’t recall.
Let’s be honest, when the stressors of life hit, we sometimes don’t remember how God showed up in the previous season, or during that one big mess we just walked through.
Below are 20 journaling prompts just for you as you negotiate your self-discovery journey.
- What does a perfect day look like for you and why?
- What is that one goal you always wanted to do, and how can you make that happen?
- What goals do you want to achieve one day?
- What is that one area of life that excites you and why?
- What are 3 areas of your life you can start changing?
- What ways can you be more positive about life?
- What areas is God trying to help you discover in yourself?
- What places would you want to travel to?
- What is God telling me about my life?
- When you think about the future, what excites you the most?
- When you think about the future, what concerns you the most?
- What is your theme song or the song that best describes you?
- When did God show up for you before?
- Describe a time God protected you from something.
- What did you learn from God protecting you from something you thought you wanted?
- How do you feel when you say no to someone?
- Do you stand up for yourself when you deserve more?
- How did your relationship with your family impact your thoughts about marriage or dating?
- Is there one area in life you don’t trust God in, and if so, how can you change that?
- How have you grown this past year?
Conclusion About Self-Discovery
Journaling Prompts for self-discovery can be fun, exciting, and an eye-opening experience. It allows you to explore what you want and don’t want, where you have been and where you are going, and more importantly it allows you to see how God showed up before and how he will show up again.
If you are looking for journals to help you on your self-discovery journey, I have a few options available on my resource page.
I pray this post blessed you and you are able to use these self-discovery journaling prompts to help you on your journey.
Here are a few other blog posts for you to, explore: